American women have played an integral role in our nation's defense since its inception. Beginning with early intelligence gathering operations and espionage to serving in combat on the battlefields in Iraq and Afghanistan, our nation's women have always answered the call to serve.
The woman veteran often encounters many additional issues beyond the existing difficulties of military service. Discrimination, sexual assault, and harassment are sadly the realities that our women in uniform may face. The Veterans Information Center is proud to offer resources and materials to women veterans.
Contact us at VIC@pritzkermilitary.org to find out more about resources for women veterans.
VETERANS SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS
- Undaunted: The Real Story of America's Servicewomen in Today's Military
- Warriors Without Weapons: The Victimization of Military Women
- Women in Combat and the Armed Forces: Policies and Perceptions
- Women in Combat: A Reference Handbook
- Women in Combat: Civic Duty or Military Liability?
- GROUND ZERO: The Gender Wars in the Military
- Camouflage Isn't Only for Combat: Gender, Sexuality, and Women in the Military
- Powder: Writing by Women in the Ranks, from Vietnam to Iraq
- Hesitation Kills: A Female Marine Officer's Combat Experience in Iraq
- I Am a Soldier, Too: The Jessica Lynch Story
- Girls Come Marching Home, The: Stories of Women Warriors Returning from the War In Iraq
- Band of Sisters: American Women at War in Iraq
- Women Veterans Health Center
- Women in Need: Women Veterans Health Care
- Department of Veterans Affairs Center for Women Veterans
- Women Veterans Health Care: Reproductive Health
- A Profile of Women Veterans Today
- Trauma-informed Care for Women Veterans Experiencing Homelessness
- Women Veterans Health Care
- Women Veterans Health Care: Healthy Aging
- Women Warriors: Supporting She 'Who Has Borne the Battle'
- Know Your Rights: Pregnancy & Childbearing Discrimination
- Gender Differences in Performance Measures
- America's Women Veterans : Military Service History and VA Benefit Utilization Statistics
- Sourcebook : Women Veterans in the Veterans Health Administration
- Thesholds Women Veterans Health Initiative